THE REALITY

The other day, my daughter posted a status about the way people pretends to care about you, she claimed people only pretend to care but in “reality” they don’t. So I tried to make her see it in another way.
Just because people do not get in touch doesn’t mean they don’t give a damn about you. The reality is that life gets in our ways and we all gets busy with life and so instead of reaching out to those we love we keep them in our hearts instead.
Today, a very good friend of mine visited me. Prior to her visits, we haven’t had a decent conversation in months, yeah months. Our chat has always been limited to hello, hi, how are you and some sort of greetings like that. In fact, we could go months not even saying the supposed “hi”. But the truth is I give so much damn about her and I do love her, and I respect her a lot and she’s very valuable to me. Does that mean I did not care about her or she meant nothing to me all those times we chatted less or did not chat at all?
Okay, that was even a friend. Let me cite examples about bloods, about families. I haven’t spoken with my dad for months (albeit the last time I went home) and I’m sure if I pick up my phone to ask for something today, he would provide it. Why? Cause he’s my dad and he loves me and care about me.
While writing this, I realise it has to do more with each individual. Maybe it’s just me. Maybe I’m the type that doesn’t reach out to people I think I care about but harbour them in my heart. Maybe I always think that keeping them close by, remembering them and praying for them is enough. Maybe I was always satisfied with “out of reach but not out of mind”. Maybe, just maybe I think that is enough.
I bet we all have one or two people we care so much for but circumstances are not allowing us to keep in touch with them. I’m not saying it is a good thing to neglect those we claim we love, nay; it is not a good thing at all. And in the light of recent event, I think we should stay in touch with everyone, we should try as much as possible to keep everyone at arm’s length. Because this life is so fleeting and tomorrow is not sure. What we could have say or do would haunt us and that would turn to regret.
Anyways, I want to appreciate everyone in my life, everyone. Forgive me for not being who I ought to have been, forgive me for not staying in touch, I want you to know that I seriously and sincerely care about you. I love you and you mean a lot to me. Louis Litt in Suit 4x16 said “Don’t let the moment pass. Don’t let the people you love walk by you without letting them know how you feel about them, because life slips by, and then it’s over”. And I’m not gonna let another minute pass me by without letting you know how much you mean to me.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SORRY

IT TAKES TWO TO TANGO

YOU CAN! YES, YOU CAN.